These finecast models aren't my favorite to work with, but trimming/shaping this model ended up being easier to do (without mistakes) than it first appeared to be. It's hard to tell by the photo, but the "shoulder pads" of the model contained quite a bit of extra resin that was left by the design of the mold that needed to be carved out. I'm happy with the end result, but I didn't expect to spend as much time as I did on a model with so few pieces.
Tongue initially doesn't have the outward appeal that would guide one to pick it up and decided to try cook/eat it; but it is actually quite delicious. I'll have to find the link the Mrs pulled her recipe from, but memory tells me the pot contained:
You can see everything combined in the first couple pictures. The third picture is after it had cooked in the slow cooker on low for about 10 hours. The fourth picture is how the tongue meat looked cooked and cut on the plate. And the fifth is of the peeled off "skin" bits that remained.
We've been back on the updated city water line for a few weeks now, and noticing some decrease in our water pressure. We knew that there would be some sediment in the lines post construction, and figured our filter was done for. We never tasted or saw any sediment in our water, so the filter had done it's job perfectly thus far.
The water didn't look too bad as I started emptying out the filter chamber, but eventually I could see there was quite a bit of sediment closer to the bottom that didn't make it out with the initial dumping. I'm so glad this goop was on the "right" side of the filter.
Thank You filter, and keep up the good work!
While we were at Costco today, we picked up a jar of their garlic and added it into our soup while we warmed it up for supper tonight.
Added some salt and pepper to my bowl, and loving how easy this soup was to make, and how good it tastes.
|Continued working through the building phase of another model for my Necron Army. This time I have a Necron Overlord on top of his Command Barge.|
Of course we are using the soup bones that we got at part of our grass-fed meats, and the recipe we found was really quite simple (I'll have to ask the Mrs for the link she found). The only ingredients were were missing was bay leaf and garlic, but everything turned out beautifully. Here are some pictures of the before and after of our homemade soup/broth.
I found it interesting how the marrow completely dissolved into the soup leaving the bones hollow. On the advise of the recipe author, I am saving the bones in case some friends would like to give their dogs a treat.
The planter in the front of our house had been a home for our cedars and weeds the last couple years. We took some time to weed it our a couple weeks ago, but had to wait for the rain to stop so we could plant the perennials that a good friend our ours gave to us to get us started.
|She taught me that you can eat Filet Mignon and fried mushrooms for breakfast!|
We have been enjoying the soap recipe we used for our wedding favours, so I think it will be a staple for a long time in our house. This time though, we have decided to add some new "flavours" and colour coded them (as if the scent wouldn't have been enough).
|I am just loving our bacon, and frying eggs in this bacon's drippings is awesome! I know I've said this before, but for everyone out there that is still buying their bacon from the grocery store... Wake up, and smell the bacon!|