Five days of fermenting on the counter has lead to a rather vinegary batch. I must admit that I've left it out too long for my (and my wife's) taste.

I strained out the kefir grains and started batch number two.  This time using cane sugar over maple syrup, and keeping the molasses.

Sorry about forgetting to take a picture of this batch, but batch two really doesn't look any different when compared to the picture I took back on Mar 7; other than realizing I only used half the water the first time... so the jars are more full.

Your site rights may be preventing you from posting comments. Please register for an account and/or log in.

Go to top